Knox Glass along with all of its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Knox Glass,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products and your visit to our website www.knoxglass.com.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the website, including when you: contact us with a question, comment or request, create an account, apply for a job, sign up for electronic newsletters, participate in polls or surveys.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to: your name, contact information, username, password, search terms, and additional registration information, information you provide when submitting an employment application form, and information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the website, and the search terms you enter on the website. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the website, and to improve the website and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the website saves on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies.
How do we use this information?
We, and our affiliates and subsidiaries, may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• providing you with products, services, or information you request;
• providing you with information about the website or required notices;
• delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
• customizing your experience when using the website, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the website and providing you with content based on your interests;
• allowing us to improve the website and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
• generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the website;
• helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users;
• detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the website; and
• such other uses within the context of the foregoing uses.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the website or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Site and on other websites. We will not combine personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless you have notice of and affirmatively consent to the merger.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the website:
• to our affiliates and subsidiaries;
• to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers who;
• to business partners who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
• to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The website may contain links to non-Knox Glass websites. Knox Glass is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the website will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the website, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States.
How is your information secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the website. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the website over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. Visit the following website, www.allaboutdnt.org, for more information on this developing area.
The website is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
You can contact Knox Glass regarding our privacy practices. If you have any questions or if you believe any of your personal data is incorrect, please contact us through our contact page.